Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Ich habe 66 Lieder von den Prinzen auf mein Smartphone/Gerät heruntergeladen.

Kann man hier auch jeweils uploaden und downloaden verwenden?

share|improve this question
Ich habe 66 Songs von den Prinzen auf mein Smartphone gedownloadet. Das einzige originär deutsche Wort mit mehr als vier Buchstaben ist ein Eigenname ;) –  Carsten Schultz Jan 23 at 11:18
Generell: Was weiter entfernt ist, ist "oben". Wo man sich gedanklich befindet, ist "unten". Wenn ich aus dem Internet auf das Smartphone transferiere, nehme ich "herunterladen", aber wenn ich von meinem PC auf dein Smartphone transferiere, nehme ich "hochladen". –  falkb Jan 23 at 14:28
add comment

1 Answer 1

up vote 3 down vote accepted

Downloading or transferring data is most of the times used as this:

Ich habe dir die Dateien auf the USB-Stick geladen/kopiert.

I have transferred the data to the USB stick.

Still, as mentioned in the comment you can use down- or uploaden in this case as well.

share|improve this answer
Machen sounds very colloquial, you'd rather say Ich habe dir die Dateien auf den USB-Stick kopiert. –  Lars Beck Jan 23 at 7:41

The community agreed on not correcting minor mistakes in questions in the answer, but instead suggest an or edit. –  Vogel612 Jan 23 at 8:03

I would rather like to explain them. Thats why. –  user3126997 Jan 23 at 8:44
Anyway Lars is right, "machen" is wrong here. For me, this is the same usage as in "ich habe jemanden tot gemacht" - not the right verb at all! –  christian.s Jan 23 at 9:03

@christian.s: There's more than the verb wrong about that sentence... –  PMF Jan 23 at 9:11
show 1 more comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.