Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

For example:

Frü­her ein­mal fand ich Klas­sen­kampf end­geil­fett.

I suppose it is just a combination of endgeil meaning awesome (slang) and fett meaning awesome (slang), for superlative effect. Is there any more to it than that?

share|improve this question

Yeah, you're pretty much spot on. It really doesn't mean anything at all. –  Cubic Jan 26 at 2:01
@Cubic: What do you mean with "doesn't mean anything at all". y7sg is right, it is just a combination of two adjectives to emphasize the meaning. If something is "endgeilfett", it is more awesome than if it was just "endgeil" or "fett". –  jarnbjo Jan 26 at 2:08
Additionally, by using those two slang expressions in this combination, the author is making a stylistic choice. As he also expresses a change in his opinion, I believe he is making fun of his younger self for believing such preposterous things and using such cliché-ed language. –  elena Jan 27 at 14:38

2 Answers 2

up vote 3 down vote accepted

You are right. It's a composition of endgeil and fett, both of which mean awesome. The composition just increases the "awesomeness", but not in a superlative fashion. It can be even further increased by adding further adjectives meaning awesome to the composition

supermegaendgeilfettkrass

share|improve this answer

I just came over this Topic and remembered of a poster from the german "Duden" (15 years ago I think) were it says:

geil -> affengeil -> oberaffengeil

to express the increase of the adjective

so if you want to express even more superlative then the normal just concatenate different words to express "awesomeness"

oberaffenmegaüberfettgeil

(but that's more childish slang)

share|improve this answer
Now I understand what Bruce and Bongo said in their 80's hit "Geil" :-) –  karoshi Apr 7 at 14:10

protected by Tom Au Jul 22 at 14:06

Thank you for your interest in this question. Because it has attracted low-quality answers, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site.

Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.