Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Is this the correct word order in this sentence?

Intended sentence: "Sometimes, they can get on my nerves, but I know they are thinking about me."

Manchmal, kann sie lastig sein, aber denken sie uber mich sind.

If I made any errors elsewhere, could you please highlight them?

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by Em1, Emanuel, Wrzlprmft, Carsten Schultz, thekeyofgb Jan 26 at 23:54

• This question does not appear to be about German language within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

This site is not intended to provide proofreading, so please be more specific in your questions about actual problems. –  Em1 Jan 26 at 21:49

1 Answer 1

The correct translation would be:

Manchmal gehen sie mir auf die Nerven, aber ich weiss, dass sie an mich denken.

"sie sind lästig" would also work, but this is more close to the original. "Sie" is plural form here, so it's "gehen".

share|improve this answer

Thank you very much! Is the direct translation of 'getting on my nerves' more typically used, in your opinion? –  Martin Jan 26 at 21:40

@Martin Yes, that's idiomatic. Often stressed by saying "Manchmal gehen sie mir ganz schön auf die Nerven". In slang, you might say "auf den Keks gehen" and slightly vulgar "auf den Sack gehen". –  Hagen von Eitzen Jan 26 at 21:51

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.