Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Ich bin darüber bewusst, worum vorgeht.

I am conscious about what is going on.

Wie sagt man "I'm conscious about what's going on" auf Deutsch?

share|improve this question
have you consulted a dictionary?? also shouldn't it be conscious ? linguee helps –  Vogel612 Feb 16 at 13:11

Conscious doesn't really make sense there in English I don't think. Aware would work better. –  thekeyofgb Feb 16 at 16:11
I marvel at you posts. Both German or English are either clunky or downright wrong. Wherever do you come up with these? –  teylyn Feb 17 at 3:06
Just thought I'd point out that everyone so far who has commented has been scathingly critical, yet all have either typos or grammatical errors. I'd recommend that you all 1) fix your own errors before pointing out those of others, and 2) quit being jerks. People are here to be helped, not insulted. –  Korgan Rivera Feb 18 at 15:13

I don't take their insults personal, but some people do a better job in insulting people's grammatical errors, than helping them out. –  DerPolyglott33 Feb 19 at 1:20
add comment

1 Answer

up vote 4 down vote accepted

The German construction is „sich einer Sache bewusst sein“. Hence a grammatically correct version is

Ich bin mir dessen, das vorgeht, bewusst.

The relative clause can also be moved to the end. However, that is needlessly complicated. An easier variant is

Mir ist bewusst, was vorgeht.

If you want to know what the construction was if „über“ was the right proposition, there is also the construction „sich über etwas im Klaren sein“. The example here becomes.

Ich bin mir über das, was vorgeht, im Klaren.

or:

Ich bin mir darüber im Klaren, was vorgeht.

share|improve this answer
add comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.