Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Alle deine Bücher liegen auf dem Schlafzimmerboden und du hast dein Bett nicht gemacht!

All your books are on the floor and you did not fix your bed!

Wie sagt man "What a mess!" auf Deutsch?
share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by Vogel612, SentryRaven, Baz, Wrzlprmft, Carsten Schultz Feb 20 at 12:47

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

What you describe is a mess, as are about all your questions that work in a very similar way... I told you about 3-5 times already, and many others did too. We are not a translation service. We want to help you learning and for that we expect you to show us what you did, and where you have problems so we can effectively address and exterminate them. –  Vogel612 Feb 20 at 7:50

I addition to that: Of course, one sometimes wonders what the nearest analogue to an expression of one language in another language is. But usually when trying to speak or write in a foreign language one should try to use what one has at one's disposal to express what one has in mind, not express it in one's native language first and then translate. –  Carsten Schultz Feb 20 at 9:34

1 Answer 1

I would translate it as "was für ein Chaos!" in this case.

share|improve this answer

Hello @Andrea while your answer is correct, you might want to provide some context and alternatives.. also I personally would like to see questions like the one you answered unanswered, due to the fact that any answer to such a question most probably misses the point of this site. –  Vogel612 Feb 20 at 7:59

Hallo Vogel, ich bin neu hier und habe mich gefreut, helfen zu können. Ich verstehe allerdings was du meinst, habe deinen Beitrag aber erst gelesen, als meine Antwort hochgeladen war. –  Andrea Feb 20 at 8:29

Ich bin zwar auch des Vogels Meinung, dass diese Art von Frage (zumindest in der jetzigen Form) unangebracht ist, trotzdem ist aus meiner Sicht die Antwort als solche erstmal ok (wenn auch knapp). Da du neu bist, @Andrea, an dieser Stelle die Einladung in den Chat, wo auch gerne Fragen von Lernenden beantwortet werden, die auf der Hauptseite nicht gut aufgehoben sind. –  OregonGhost Feb 20 at 8:43

Hier geht's zum German Language Chat ;) –  Takkat Feb 20 at 8:49

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.