Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I tried to translate "einfach" with the dictionary but I couldn't find a proper translation for this sentence:

"Ich lasse Fleisch einfach weg"

The meaning should be (when I eat)"I leave the meat out". But "einfach" doesn't properly fit in here and I don't know how to translate it.

Can somebody help me out?

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by Takkat Mar 16 at 15:52

• This question does not appear to be about German language within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

What did your dictionary offer, where is the issue? What's wrong with "simply"? Please edit your question for reasons why this German to English translation need expertise in German. –  Takkat Mar 16 at 15:27
Translation requests from German to English are off topic unless we are asking for a difficult phrase. See meta.german.stackexchange.com/questions/136/… –  Takkat Mar 16 at 15:52
add comment

1 Answer 1

up vote 4 down vote accepted

"I just leave out the meat."
"I simply leave out the meat."

share|improve this answer
add comment

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.