Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Die Sendung wurde im HUB sortiert und an die Retourenstelle des Versenders weitergeleitet.

I would like to know what do "Retourenstelle" and "weiterleiten" mean?

Does this sentence mean my package is been returned to the sender?

share|improve this question

3 Answers 3

Die Sendung wurde im HUB sortiert und an die Retourenstelle des Versenders weitergeleitet.

Translated:

The delivery was sorted in the hub and was forwarded to the senders place / address for returning deliveries aka. return point .

Google Translated just for fun:

The show was ranked in the HUB and forwarded to the return point of the shipper.

share|improve this answer
+1 for the google translate :D –  Alex Apr 4 at 16:05

Yes, it does.
Retourenstelle is something like return point or return address (of the sender). And weiterleiten means redirect or transfer.

Thanks! Does it mean it has been sent back to the sender or it will be? –  Ginger Mar 24 at 2:32

@Ginger It means, it has left HUB. If it arrived at Retourenstelle or not, it doesn't say. –  Toscho Mar 24 at 13:50

@Toscho: Doesn't "it has been sent" say exactly that? The other would be "it has been received". –  celtschk Mar 26 at 18:23

@celtschk I regard it as unclear, whether has been sent means or connotes a succesful delivery. –  Toscho Mar 27 at 12:52

By info from the German parcel service Hermes, who uses this phrase in tracking of its Packages, Retourenstelle has nothing to do with returning. It is some sort of “terminus technicus” of transship point.

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.