German Language Stack Exchange is a bilingual question and answer site for speakers of all levels who want to share and increase their knowledge of the German language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I would like to make a search on Google for finding information about a lawyer company specialized on this.

I know only the word Strafzettel.

I've found many words but which is the more correct for saying: "lawyer for defending against car fines"? I'm reporting the list of words just to clarify my difficulty. Ignore it for the answer!

Berufung, Gesuch, Regress, umsortieren, appellieren? ausgezeichnet, fein, Geldstrafe, gelinde, Strafe, Strafzettel, zart? Advokat, Anwalt, Rechtsanwalt, Rechtsberater, Strafverteidiger, Generalanwalt, Rechtsbeistand?

share|improve this question
I assume you've got the words you listed from a dictionary? You could optimize your search by using a dictionary which put the words into groups, i.e. categorize them. Then you would know, that "fein" is the translation for the adjective "fine", meaning very good, and not the noun as used in your context. – Em1 Apr 1 '14 at 18:39
@Em1: Translating "fine" with "fein" is about the quality you would expect from an automated computer translation. It very clearly means "Bußgeld" or "Strafe" in this context. – Damon Apr 2 '14 at 7:31
@Damon Right. A machine translator can't know that you didn't mean "a car that is parking a fine lawyer", can it. – Mr Lister Apr 12 '14 at 6:28
up vote 11 down vote accepted

According to §1 of the German "Fachanwaltsordnung" the following specializations of a lawyer are recognized (in bold the one you are looking for):

  • Verwaltungsrecht
  • Steuerrecht
  • Arbeitsrecht
  • Sozialrecht
  • Familienrecht
  • Strafrecht
  • Insolvenzrecht
  • Versicherungsrecht
  • Medizinrecht
  • Miet- und Wohnungseigentumsrecht
  • Verkehrsrecht
  • Bau- und Architektenrecht
  • Erbrecht
  • Transport- und Speditionsrecht
  • gewerblichen Rechtsschutz
  • Handels- und Gesellschaftsrecht
  • Urheber- und Medienrecht
  • Informationstechnologierecht
  • Bank- und Kapitalmarktrecht
  • Agrarrecht

A lawyer specialized in legal issues of traffic including fines hence would be called "Fachanwalt für Verkehrsrecht".

share|improve this answer

You are looking for a Fachanwalt für Verkehrsrecht.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.