Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I want to express the wish for a "joyful and fruitful cooperation" to my German colleague in German.

But it is hard for me to trust Google translate on this task. Can anyone kindly show me how to say "happy cooperation" like a native German? Thanks!

share|improve this question
"Ich freue mich/Wir freuen uns auf eine gute Zusammenarbeit." –  Em1 Apr 7 at 6:36
There is also LEO where you can use the forum to discus certain more complex translations. –  Uwe Keim Apr 7 at 12:01
add comment

1 Answer 1

up vote 8 down vote accepted

You can say:

Ich freue mich auf eine gute und erfolgreiche Zusammenarbeit

or just

Auf gute und erfolgreiche Zusammenarbeit

You could translate cooperation also with Kooperation or Teamwork

Auf eine gute und erfolgreiche Kooperation
(Auf ein gutes und erfolgreiches Teamwork) - its not a good solution

share|improve this answer
minor suggestion: auf eine gute und erfolgreiche Zusammenarbeit, which adopts the connotations of fruitful from the original (only makes a subtle difference as the use of the phrase is mostly idiomatic) –  collapsar Apr 7 at 11:33

oh thx for the hint :) I will add it immediatetly –  Fraggles Apr 7 at 11:35
you're welcome :) –  collapsar Apr 7 at 11:49

I would not say Auf ein gutes und erfolgreiches Teamwork. Das Teamwork which would be the article in this case still sounds like a bad mixture of English and German to me and so does the sentence. However it would be grammatically correct. –  Rob Apr 7 at 14:47

yeah it sounds a bit weird and not really correct, but as you said its grammatically correct. I will take it in braces. –  Fraggles Apr 7 at 14:59
show 1 more comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.