Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

What is the difference between Ereignis and Vorkommen. I keep on needing explanation in this question even so some can think it's nonsense.

If someone, in Hedegger's understanding, could explain me, it would be even more thankful.

share|improve this question

closed as unclear what you're asking by user unknown, c.p., Ingmar, Em1, Baz Apr 16 at 8:07

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I can give you the definitions in various scientific fields, but I doubt, that Heidegger used scientific terms. –  Toscho Apr 14 at 18:37

@Tosho, I would be already grateful with this definitions because it could illuminate my understanding. –  Gail Apr 14 at 18:40
Welche eigenen Bemühungen wurden unternommen die Frage selbständig zu lösen? Ist an die Konsultation eines Wörterbuchs gedacht worden? –  user unknown Apr 15 at 23:27
add comment

3 Answers 3

Because it's explicitely asked for, I give some definitions for Ereignis and Vorkommen in some scientific fields. Feel free to add others.

Ereignis

Probability theory

Ereignis is a subset of a sample space.

Physics

Ereignis is a single element of the spacetime.

Astronomy

Ereignis is any observable phenomenon in the sky.

Vorkommen

Geology

Vorkommen is any local amount of ore, minerals or rock.

Geography without Geology

Vorkommen is any local, regional or national amount of any economic ressource.

Biology

Vorkommen is the set of individuals of a given species living in a specific area.

share|improve this answer

I think Ereignis exists in probability. I don't see the reason to constrain that concept to stochastic processes. (Aber vielleicht Heidegger hätte nichts dagegen :)) –  c.p. Apr 15 at 1:46

@c.p. I don't get you meaning. –  Toscho Apr 15 at 18:40

I'm ok with "Ereignis is a subset of a sample space.", but the title (stochastics) is quite restrictive. Ereignis exists in probability theory, which is broader than "stochastics". –  c.p. Apr 15 at 22:36

@c.p. OK, I'm not aware of any difference in the terms "stochastics" and "probability theory". –  Toscho Apr 16 at 18:40

Aus Wikipedia „Gemeinsam mit der mathematischen Statistik, die anhand von Beobachtungen zufälliger Vorgänge Aussagen über das zugrunde liegende Modell trifft, bildet sie das mathematische Teilgebiet der Stochastik.“ ME nach hat die Stochastik einen impliziten Geschmack nach zeitlicher Entwiklung. –  c.p. Apr 16 at 19:44
add comment

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ereignis In no. 2 Heidegger's Ereignis is explained.

add comment

Ereignis is translated with event. While Vorkommen is translated with occurrence.

add comment

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.