Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I'm looking for some easy books to read like the following one which is in English, but I need some in German: link

But the search is not very easy since I find a lot of "false positive" like the following one: link

The problem is that in English I can look for the name of the book or for the author and look for a simplified 1000 words only version. But I can't do the same in German.

The definition of this type of books in english is: "collection of adapted classic literature and original stories develops reading skills for low-beginning through advanced students."

share|improve this question
You might want to take a look at our list of simple but interesting books –  Vogel612 Apr 28 at 13:38
Google for Easy Readers, German DAF. –  rogermue Apr 28 at 18:46

I've also found to look for "Deutsche Lektüre für das GER-Niveau A2" –  Revious Apr 29 at 8:42

1 Answer 1

up vote 1 down vote accepted

In Germany, "1000 words" is not a brand of sorts, if you will, for simplified books. That said, there are some sites catering to that need:

http://www.einfachebuecher.de/

I'm sure there are others. If you want to use a simple websearch, use the title of the book plus "vereinfacht" (= simplified), that should turn up a few hits. Good luck with your search!

share|improve this answer

Thanks, I've followed your advice and I found this website. But it's in german. I'm looking for a book like a novel which can be read by an A1 or A2 level person. Can you look if you think this site is good for me? lektueren.com/deutsch-als-fremdsprache/titel/niveau/A1.html (I've seen also this other link hueber.de/deutsch-als-fremdsprache) –  Revious Apr 28 at 13:10
It does say "Empfohlen für Niveau A1, A2" (Recommended for levels ...) so this certainly seems suitable. Another term to keep an eye out for is "Deutsch als Fremdsprache", often abbreviated as "DaF". –  Ingmar Apr 28 at 13:31

vielen danke!!! –  Revious Apr 28 at 13:44

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.