Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I would like to translate this from German to Spanish

durch das Bundesverwaltungsamt

It is on my Apostille document which I wish to translate.

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by Ingmar, Em1, c.p., Carsten Schultz, lejonet May 1 at 16:51

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Das ist ne Frage für c.p. ;) –  Em1 May 1 at 14:30

c.p? :) means what? –  tandem May 1 at 14:37

@tandem It is a username. –  ComFreek May 1 at 15:02
You might want to add an attempt. I mean, there are certain rules here not allowing translations (independent of the target language). –  c.p. May 1 at 15:47

1 Answer 1

I would suggest:

a través de la Oficina Federal de Administración

Of course, it depends on the context "durch das Bundesverwaltungsamt" is being used in. Can you elaborate on the context, please?

share|improve this answer

I totally agree. –  c.p. May 1 at 15:41

But, I guess it even depends on the country the user is translating those documents for. If we are speaking about the German Bundesverwaltungsamt, the translation is perfect. But depending on the country the Federal Office of Administration might be no office at all, but a ministry (ministerio), a sectretary (secretaría), etc. depending how that country is organized. –  c.p. May 1 at 15:56

I am sending it to the Spanish embassy and that's what is given on my German Apostille. –  tandem May 1 at 16:21

@tandem Then my suggestion is correct. –  ComFreek May 1 at 16:24

Are names of institions even to be translated? If I am talking about for instance the FBI in German, I would not say "the Bundesermittlungsamt". In my opinion "Bundesverwaltungsamt" stays "Bundesverwaltungsamt". –  Twinkles May 2 at 8:57

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.