Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but what verb ending would you use when demanding something?
Examples: "Get me a apple" or "Sing me a song".

share|improve this question

closed as unclear what you're asking by user unknown, Wrzlprmft, Em1, Emanuel, c.p. May 11 at 7:19

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Was ist der Bezug zur deutschen Sprache? –  user unknown May 10 at 19:23
This question appears to be off-topic because it is not about the German language. –  Wrzlprmft May 10 at 20:11
While I find the question to be of rather low quality, I think that one can assume that Jimmy wants to know which form of the verb to use in the German language. The examples are probably in English, because he does not know how to do them in German. And in English the forms are the same as the infinitive, which makes the question understandable. Still, I would advise him to get a beginner's book on German grammar. –  Carsten Schultz May 10 at 22:08
I do think that it is about the German language but it shows no research effort so... vote to close –  Emanuel May 10 at 22:33

1 Answer 1

up vote 4 down vote accepted

Why, the imperative of course.

share|improve this answer
Upvoted for providing an answer rather than whining that a question wasnt to someones standards. –  emaltman May 11 at 0:24

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.