Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Can I simply say "es ist aus meinem Budget"?

share|improve this question

4 Answers 4

Das übersteigt mein Budget.

Should be the correct translation of that expression.

share|improve this answer
Oder auch "Das ist außerhalb meines Budgets". –  user unknown Jul 20 '14 at 5:07

I'd rather say:

Ich kann mir das nicht leisten. (I cannot afford this)
Das ist (mir) zu teuer. (too expensive (for me))

The simple translation that LiveWireBT mentioned could work too but unless it is a business context I'd not use the word Budget.

"Das übersteigt mein Budget"

share|improve this answer

My proposal: "Das sprengt meinen finanziellen Rahmen" ( somwhat like "this exceeds/busts my financial frame"), on the language level between colloquial and a bit formal.

share|improve this answer

I'd understand "Aus meinem Budget" such that you make budgets from your income (or allowance), like one for food, one for booze, one for clothing, and the money comes from one of these pots.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.