Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I want to know the best(s) german words for "complete" in the meaning of "equipped with all factory optionals", to characterize vehicles like bikes, automobiles or motorbikes.

share|improve this question
komplett? --- What did your research bring up and why weren't you satisfied with the results? –  Em1 Aug 31 at 7:29
I have found many words with the meaning of "complete" in german, like voll, vollständig, sämlich, and did not know what to use for this meaning. –  João Vitor Dutra Aug 31 at 7:52
@Em1: Komplettausstattung is used in the sense of having all equipment rather than in the sense of a complete single item. –  Takkat Aug 31 at 8:33
@Takkat Huh? I don't understand what you're saying. I don't see any difference in those terms. And actually the question is about "having all equipments". So, "Komplettausstattung" is fine. –  Em1 Aug 31 at 8:52
@RegDwight Wow lets all just admit no one cares about your e-peen –  emaltman Sep 2 at 3:08

1 Answer 1

up vote 13 down vote accepted

In the context of a fully equipped device/vehicle we mostly say "Vollausstattung", "mit allen Extras", or use an adverbial construct voll ausgestattet.

Ein voll ausgestattetes Fahrrad.
Audi mit Vollausstattung, Baujahr 2011, zu verkaufen.
Unseren neuen Wohnwagen haben wir mit allen Extras gekauft.

share|improve this answer
In this context, Komplettausstattung is just fine, or any other combination with komplett for that matter. –  Grantwalzer Aug 31 at 17:51
@Grantwalzer this should be another answer! How about you make it one? –  Vogel612 Aug 31 at 22:26

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.