Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Ich suche nach guten Synonymen für das Verb "schwappen". Es geht um das Verhalten einer Flüssigkeit, die ihr Gefäß, z.B. bei einem Stoß, verlässt.

share|improve this question

3 Answers 3

up vote 10 down vote accepted

Hier einige Synonyme und verwandte Begriffe (sie drücken allerdings nicht implizit die Ruckhaftigkeit von "überschwappen" aus):

• überlaufen
  • übergehen
  • übertreten
  • überquellen
  • überfließen
  • überborden
  • überströmen
share|improve this answer

+1 for überborden, the other ones seem more a synonym of überlaufen, esp. when the amount of water is increasing. –  Hauser Jul 29 '11 at 15:21
"überwallen" would be another expression (used for larger amounts of liquid). –  Takkat Jul 29 '11 at 16:43

There are many words we don't use in everyday speech e.g.: überwallen . If you want to write a poem then you can use words from 1782 :-D like Schiller in Fantasie an Laura

If you are looking for synonyms you can try: Synonym Woxicon.

From my POV there is no so comon expression like: überschwappen, überschwabbern (Ruhrpott-Slang). I think überlaufen would also be right :D

Ich habe noch den Vorschlag "schwabbern". My suggestion is "schwabbern".

"in kleinen Wellen überfließen" : "to overflow in little surges"

"schwabbern" may be regionally used for "schwappen", but it has more the meaning of "schwabbeln". –  Takkat Jul 29 '11 at 16:45

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.