The closest translation I can find so far is Aufgabenliste which is more literally "Task List".

Is there a more commonly used, native way to express the common english phrase "To do list" when using it as a heading or label of such a list?

• Agenda oder (noch) zu erledigen oder ausstehende Aufgaben
    – Crissov
    Nov 2, 2015 at 22:47

2 Answers 2

I do not know what the difference between a task list and a to-do list is, but you can use:

Aufgabenliste
Abarbeitungsliste
Liste der offenen Aufgaben
To-do-Liste (we borrowed that word)

Thanks! In definition there is certainly little to no difference between "Task list" an "To do list", however in common usage you rarely see "Task list" and "To do list" is the much more familiar usage. Informally at least. Jan 2, 2012 at 22:26
  • To-Do-Liste and Aufgabenliste are the most common ones. You can use either.
    – fzwo
    Jan 2, 2012 at 23:13
    What about "Aufgabenzettel", especially if one really means this sheet of paper? Jan 3, 2012 at 23:06
  • That's a suitable translation, too, @AlexanderGalkin. Jan 6, 2012 at 13:39
  • Aufgabenzettel makes me think of the sheet of paper with your homework on it that gets handed out at university rather than a to-do list.
    – fifaltra
    Dec 31, 2013 at 10:05

In addition to John Smithers' answer, this is another term I've heard being used:

Pendenzenliste

I'd say there is a minor difference concerning the connotation:

Aufgabenliste: a list of generic to-do items

Pendenzenliste: a list of pending items

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.