Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

As a small hobby or even sidejob, I am planning to give private lessons in German for people with 1) no or low knowledge in German, 2) medium or good abilities. Can you recommend any books or other materials for such a work?

share|improve this question
Do you mean you need German (books/materials)? by the title, one would get the impression that the books or materials need to be in German, I guess what you wanted to ask was "useful books/materials for German private lessons". But I might be mistaken. –  user508 Jan 5 '12 at 8:50

And there are several interesting resources had been mentioned here before, maybe you can find a bunch of them by searching in resources and learning or even book. –  user508 Jan 5 '12 at 8:52

Thanks for asking. Yes, the books should be entirely in German. –  AGuyCalledGerald Jan 19 '12 at 19:12
add comment

1 Answer

up vote 3 down vote accepted

These books from Hueber are really nice and are actually used by most of the schools teaching German to adults; the series of books are very intelligently designed and can be chosen depending upon level of learner.

You can also buy them from any book store.

share|improve this answer
Welcome to GL&U. It is normal here to edit other people's posts if we think it helps. I edited your post to make it easier to read, but reserved the original meaning. You can revert it to your old version if you disagree. –  user508 Jan 5 '12 at 8:58
add comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.