Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

How do you find pen pals for people like me who are learning German and think maybe it'd be a good idea to have someone as a pen pal who is a native German?

share|improve this question

Are you looking for traditional mail or e-mail? –  Tim N Jan 6 '12 at 15:50

@TimN: Both will do.. –  carora3 Jan 6 '12 at 16:47
add comment

3 Answers

There is letternet—self-described "largest pen pal club in the world".

Personally I never used it but I know someone who did and I think she was quite pleased with it.

share|improve this answer
add comment

There is a website of the Ruhr-Universität Bochum where you can easily find a tandem partner for example for email-conversations. This was very useful for me.

add comment

You can use a penpal site like http://www.penpalpassport.com to find a language exchange partner. I'm learning English so if you want to practice then I'm happy.

Thanks for adding another site! However, while I appreciate your intention to learn English, that part of your question is probably better off in a comment. –  mthomas Jun 4 '13 at 20:35
add comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.