Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I use LEO for looking up German words, but it often does not have the plural form of nouns, so for that I use Biolingus, but in the case of the noun "Automatismus", even Biolingus doesn't inform me (as I eventually found out from a colleague) that the plural from of it, is "Automatismen".

What is an online resource which has the correct plural form of all German nouns?

share|improve this question
Duden –  John Smithers Jan 24 '12 at 15:07
We have bunch of questions about dictionaries and special kinds of information users need to find in them, I think you'll find a nice one by looking in tags like resources. –  user508 Jan 24 '12 at 16:26
add comment

2 Answers 2

up vote 3 down vote accepted

There is canoo.net, if you don't need translations in the same resource.

share|improve this answer
I second canoo. Note that both LEO and dict.cc link to canoo.net - just click on the i symbol next to a German entry, canoo.net is in the menu. –  OregonGhost Jan 24 '12 at 15:55
add comment

I have found the German Plurals lookup tool to be very useful.

It has most everyday words.

share|improve this answer

Why is German plurals voted down? I just tried it, it is actually quite useful for looking up several words at once… –  user8863 Jul 13 at 2:29

Because it seems to be spam. –  Carsten Schultz Jul 13 at 11:36
add comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.