When I want to say

So they're no problem for you.

in German, which of the two sentences is (more) correct or common?

More context:

I was talking about the two special German words, "Sie" and "du". Then someone asked me if we have the same words in my native language and I said yes in reply. The sentence I asked is about how that person should respond to my sentence.

1 Answer 1

Both variants can be used. We tend to use "Probleme" in plural when combining with "machen". That would lead to the following:

Diese machen dir also keine Probleme.
Dies ist also kein Problem für dich.
Diese sind also kein Problem für dich.

I'd like to add that the version "Sie machen kein Problem für dich" is not correct. Normally things are a problem, they don't make problems. Drunk people in bars "machen" problems :) The first example of Takkat is ok, but in combination with für as Gigili suggested it sounds wrong to me...
    – Emanuel
    Apr 22, 2012 at 17:28
    All three forms have very different meanings. #1 "Diese" may refer to some persons or items; #2 & #3 "Dies"/"Diese" refers to the problem(s) itself;
    – feeela
    Apr 25, 2012 at 16:23

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.