Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I got confused while making a German sentence meaning:

How you can enjoy your time without me?

How can I translate the without me part? Does it depend on the case, like "wie"? For example:

Ich verstehe nichts, genau wie du.

Sie ignorierte ihn, wie mich.

share|improve this question

2 Answers 2

up vote 13 down vote accepted

“Without me” is just “ohne mich”. Ohne is a preposition requiring the accusative case. Nothing special here.

share|improve this answer

I have also read "ohne ich" many times, there should be something special. –  Gigili May 1 '12 at 19:33
@Gigili Impossible ;p What you find googling "ohne ich" is Ohne Ich, kein Wir and sentences in which punctuations split ohne and ich or sentences in which the part behind ohne is a quote (missing quotation marks possible) –  Em1 May 1 '12 at 19:43
Well, Google is not a good dictionary @Em1. ;) –  Gigili May 1 '12 at 19:54
@ Gigili: Nevertheless, Em1 is right. Ohne is always with accusative. –  Tara B May 2 '12 at 7:37

"Wie kannst Du ohne mich Spaß haben?" or "Wie kannst Du Dich ohne mich amüsieren?", depending on how you want to translate "enjoy your time".

share|improve this answer

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.