I want to master German via reading e-books. I was thinking about the classic works of psychology. At best I'd like to read the works of Sigmund Freud and Erich Fromm in original. I was searching the internet, but I've found the links to the articles about the authors, and not their books.

I think that the licences for these books should have already expired, at least when in comes to Freud, so they should be also available in e-book format (at best, PDF format).

Texts from Freud are 100 years old, texts from Fromm are 50 years old. But German is a living and evolving language. If you read Freud and From you will learn an oldish style of german language that noboby uses in real life today. Jun 20, 2012 at 11:47

1 Answer 1

You are a really tough guy - German is hard enough but to start with Freud. Respect :-)

Why not to search in Gutenberg Project? Just for starter: Das Unheimliche by Sigmund Freud - http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/34222

pozdrowionka

• I'm not starting ;) I've probably skipped Gutenberg because search returned no results for Erich Fromm..
    – user1690
    Jun 19, 2012 at 21:20
    @Kris_R: Have you read something from Sigmund Freud? I have to admit that I'm German, but it is really easy to read, clear and logical. I can only recommend reading it. Jun 20, 2012 at 3:09
  • No, I haven't - not exactly my kind of literature.
    – Kris_R
    Jun 21, 2012 at 13:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.