I cannot figure out what's meant by the following sentence:

enter image description here

Links means left.

I failed to find "Miss" as a German word to make sense in that context: Miss

And about that long word (train), my mind recognizes "Haar", "Plus", "Zombie", "Hosentasche". So only "Aubergine" remains which must be a word too. dict suggest eggplant.

Putting them altogether, we get:

eggplanthairpluszombiepantspocket

Which makes perfect sense!

What does it mean?

2 Answers 2

I assume you've read that somewhere like this, probably with a picture nearby.

My best guess would be the following:

Links:

Is used to tell you which picture is meant. Often if there are several pictures on one page (for example in a magazin), the captions to the pictures will be in one place using "links, rechts, oben, unten" or a combination of those to tell which is the corresponding picture.

Miss

Probably refers to the common title of a beauty-queen.

AuberginehaarPlusZombiehasentasche

Seems to be a noun–noun compound consisting of the following:

Abuergine - eggplant

haar - hair

plus - plus or in this case with

Zombie-hasen-tasche - Zombie-rabbit-bag

So probably it is meant in a quite mean and sarcastic way, to describe an so beautiful person with weird hair and a curious bag.

Well thats what I would guess from the information given.

After using Google a bit I'm not very sure about the last part any more.

Aubergine could be in respect to the form of the hairs. It looks a bit like sliced aubergines.

But I can't find anything in that picture that would match a zombiehasentasche.

Edit: after Using Google some more, I know it is a reference to another blog entry of that site about a Women with red to aubergine-colored hair and a bag that had a zombie-rabbit printed on it, or something like that.

Em1: Ich bin mal so frei und füge das Foto hinzu ;)

enter image description here

Zombie-Köpfe von Adam Parker Smith. Darf ich vorstellen? Links: Miss AuberginehaarPlusZombiehasentasche. Rechts: icke, Montagmorgen. Dabei kennt der Typ mich doch gar nicht. LINK

• Thank you for your answer, Lukas. I added a screenshot of the page to my question. It's a translation exercise and there's nothing else as "more context". I think it is what you said.
    – Gigili
    Jun 21, 2012 at 16:02
  • I couldn't find anything by Googling! Wonder how you Google it, probably with you super extra German skills.
    – Gigili
    Jun 21, 2012 at 16:03
    Very nice pictures @Em1! I wonder if I'll fall asleep tonight!
    – Gigili
    Jun 21, 2012 at 16:17
  • They doesn't seems to be zombie but they seems to be funny..They are not scary..But still I like creativity..I enjoyed the post very much..It is something new and different..
    – user2188
    Nov 20, 2012 at 6:29

That strange word seems to be the result of some blog posts, written by a guy with an obvious predilection for zombies:

• It seems to start here, describing a female redhead with a bag that shows a skull.
  • Next is this one - the author has to correct himself - it's not a skull but a "zombie rabbit" (no idea what this should be, pics would be very useful here...), and the girl's hair isn't red but of eggplant color.
  • Now, the final step: a picture of a puppet the resembles the author of - yesss - a girl with aubergine-coloured hair and a bag showing a zombie rabbit - in short: miss eggplanthairPLUSZombierabbit-bag.

So, Lukas was completely right with his translation, but i thought it may be useful to add some context information...

EDIT: oh, sorry, some minutes too late - maybe nevertheless useful because of the links...

• Extremely useful. I accepted Lukas' answer since he seemed to put effort into it and I needed to know the answer very soon.
    – Gigili
    Jun 21, 2012 at 16:16

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.