Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I've been searching for a nice complete list showing all the different verb classes (strong, weak, mixed) but couldn't find anything.

Can someone point me to a good online resource?

They should be divided by class and if possible with indications about exceptions. Bonus points if other "features" are included (such as conjugation, etc.).

It doesn't matter how they are listed, as long as I can understand which class they belong to.

share|improve this question

I've found this too, although the verb class is not specified: Deutsche Verben –  Alenanno May 28 '11 at 12:01
add comment

2 Answers

up vote 7 down vote accepted

Wiktionary has dedicated categories:

share|improve this answer

One thing I noticed: If I click the first "German class 1 strong verbs" it points me to weak verbs? –  Alenanno May 28 '11 at 11:33

My bad, fat fingers. Thanks @Tim. –  RegDwight May 28 '11 at 11:39

@Tim: Thanks, and @Reg don't worry :D +1 and accepted, since I think it's the most complete resource around. –  Alenanno May 28 '11 at 11:44
add comment

I found Canoo.net a valuable resource for German grammar. For example, see Flexionsklassen for strong/weak verbs.

share|improve this answer

Nice thing, I'll check it out! :D +1 –  Alenanno May 28 '11 at 12:46

Your site turned out to be very useful! :) –  Alenanno May 28 '11 at 15:00
add comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.