Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I'm told that there is a DIN standard that specifies the format of a business letter in Germany.

What standard is it, and where can I find it?

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by Em1, 0x6d64, Baz, Hubert Schölnast, takrl Nov 5 '12 at 12:15

Questions on German Language Stack Exchange are expected to relate to German language within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

1 Answer 1

up vote 4 down vote accepted

Wikipedia tells me it is DIN 5008 and there paragraph 16 and 17. Be assured that, in my experience, not all German businesses are using it or are even aware that such thing exists. (at least the bad students aren't).

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.