Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Daily I use English loanwords in German emails. Then I found this forum and so I would like to ask what the best German translations would be for these words (if any) sothat I don't need to use the English words and use as much as possible German words. These words relate to the health of LCD monitors of very large formats.

"Matted display screen (non glossy)" = ..................
"Dead pixels and dead sub pixels" = .....................
"Evenness of illumination" = ............................
"Aging, shifting colortemperature" = ....................
"Decay in CCFL lamp life" = .............................
share|improve this question

closed as not constructive by user unknown, Em1, takrl, Baz, 0x6d64 Nov 23 '12 at 13:48

As it currently stands, this question is not a good fit for our Q&A format. We expect answers to be supported by facts, references, or expertise, but this question will likely solicit debate, arguments, polling, or extended discussion. If you feel that this question can be improved and possibly reopened, visit the help center for guidance.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Wo sind hier loanwords zu sehen? Was davon ist nicht in einem Wörterbuch nachschlagbar? Diese Seite ist nicht als Gratis-Übersetzungsdienst gedacht. Wo ist die eigene Leistung? –  user unknown Nov 22 '12 at 4:24

2 Answers 2

here my translation proposal:

"Matted display screen (non glossy)" => matter Bildschirm (nicht spiegelnd)

"Dead pixels and dead sub pixels" => Fehlerhafte Pixel und Subpixel

"Evenness of illumination" => gleichmäßige Beleuchtung

"Aging, shifting colortemperature" => alternde, wechselnde Farbtemperatur

"Decay in CCFL lamp life" => Lebensende der CCFL-Lampe

share|improve this answer

"Matted display screen (non glossy)" = ein matter Bildschirm / die matte Bildschirmoberfläche (matted screen surface)

"Dead pixels and dead sub pixels" = das schwarze Pixel/Subpixel, more general (including other types of pixel defects): der Pixelfehler, plural: die Pixelfehler.

"Evenness of illumination" = die Gleichmäßigkeit der Ausleuchtung / die gleichmäßige Ausleuchtung

"Aging, shifting colortemperature" = die Alterung, die alterungsbedingte Farbtemperaturveränderung (aging-related change of color temperature)

"Decay in CCFL lamp life" = Lebensdauerverkürzung der Kaltkathodenlampe/Bildschirmhintergrundbeleuchtung, das Abfallen der Lampenlebensdauer

share|improve this answer

"Ausleuchtung" = guter Begriff, gefällt mir –  AGuyCalledGerald Nov 21 '12 at 12:24

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.