Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Possible Duplicate:
Free online resources for beginner course

Can someone point me to an easy resource that teaches the German language?

Keep in mind that I'm totally ignorant in German. I'm not looking for a dictionary as I don't know anything in German yet.

share|improve this question
Maybe this can help you: german.stackexchange.com/questions/2040/… –  looper Nov 28 '12 at 14:04

Do you think german for dummies/idiots is a good book for learning the basics? –  NeedTolearnGerman Nov 28 '12 at 14:11

I didn't read it, but I guess, that it wouldn't be a too bad start. –  looper Nov 28 '12 at 14:16

I want to be fluent in German .I've got a job opportunity at a german hospital and they require fluency in german. –  NeedTolearnGerman Nov 28 '12 at 14:41
on an unrelated note: fluency takes time. everyone wants to be fluent. If you want it fast you had better sit down and start studying with good resources rather than easy ones. –  Emanuel Nov 28 '12 at 19:18
show 1 more comment

marked as duplicate by Em1, Kurt, Emanuel, Baz, Gigili Nov 29 '12 at 11:56

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

1 Answer

It depends on how quick (okay, you said it already: quick) and how good you want to learn. Not to forget how you want to learn in general.

I've heard that Livemocha and Babbel are very good for learning online. However, if you have the time and the possibility, just grab someone who can talk German and just talk with him. Also watch German movies/listen to something in German, that really helps. (I learned French that way :))

share|improve this answer
add comment

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.