Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Are there any websites out there which offer a large repository of jokes and humour in German?

I'm looking for something similar to, for example, www.9gag.com or Comedy Central's www.jokes.com.

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by Em1, 0x6d64, Baz, Hubert Schölnast, RegDwight Feb 14 '13 at 20:24

Questions on German Language Stack Exchange are expected to relate to German language within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I don't want to nag, but this question isn't really on-topic for this site. Since we have hardly any activity, I don't think anyone cares that much, but why would someone upvote this question? –  k.stm Jan 17 '13 at 21:37

I agree to @K.Stm. to some extent. This question is not about German or its usage. Chat would be a way better place to ask for this. - However, on-topic or not is not a reason for upvoting, respectively not. –  Em1 Jan 17 '13 at 21:52

You can delete it if you want. I only added it as a question because I noticed that resources was a common tag. I've bookmarked the dmoz page and made a note of TV show and comedian. –  mikeyP Jan 17 '13 at 22:34

I think resources should be used for questions regarding resources for anything about the German language, not involving German in one way or another. @Em1 Whether a question is on-topic or not should definitely be a criterium for upvoting. I could ask several interestings questions only touching German, but they don't belong here. –  k.stm Jan 17 '13 at 23:24

2 Answers 2

up vote 1 down vote accepted

I have problems to define German humour? Is there a specific German humour?

It is easier to give some hints to jokes and humour websites in German.

A starting point may be DMOZ World:Deutsch:Freizeit:Humor. Jokes are Witze

On Youtube you can find also many German speaking comedians/joke maker...

I would recommand Loriot. Karl Valentin was also a very famous comedian in pre WWII-era.

share|improve this answer

Ahh thanks very much. Sorry maybe the title is unclear but I'm not ture how else to phrase it. Maybe I'll remove the capital 'H' in humour. I didn't mean jokes and comedic stories that can only be appreciated by people with a knowledge of German culture (a specific German humour). But rather a place where I can find jokes etc. written or spoken in the German language. –  mikeyP Jan 17 '13 at 20:29
  • Im Web entstanden, und für's Web entstanden:

• Kurz & graphisch: ahoi polloi. Weniger als 1 Witz pro Tag, vielleicht 3 oder 5 pro Woche.
    • Ebenfalls graphisch: Nicht lustig. Keine Ahnung über die Witzfrequenz.
    • Auf Hinweis @loopers: Der Postillion mit Klamauk und vielen Kalauern.
  • Älter als das Web

• ist die Titanic, ein Satiremagazin. Einige Inhalte werden ins Web gestellt, wenige eigens für's Web gestaltet. Das Hauptmedium ist aber noch das Magazin. Deutsche Kultur zu kennen ist oft, aber nicht immer nötig. Es gibt auch internationale Witze.
share|improve this answer

+1 für ahoipolloi. –  k.stm Jan 17 '13 at 23:19

Ahhh, ahoi polloi ist sehr gut. Danke fur deine Anwort. –  mikeyP Jan 18 '13 at 22:36

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.