Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I'm searching any good database about german words (substantives currently, but a more comprehensible database will go down well also), with, almost, the following information:

• Word name: in nomative Singular.
  • natural/grammatical genre
  • inflections: in plural, dative plural and genitive singular (or n-declination).
  • pronunciation: pronunciation and hyphenation with IPA.

Does you know any free database with these characteristics?

canoo.net meet this requirements (except pronunciation), and moreover has some kind of API:

But I haven't seen any description of this API in any point of canoo.net. You can only have access of these lists by means of the web page.

share|improve this question

Related: german.stackexchange.com/questions/491/… –  Takkat Mar 29 '13 at 17:57

Also related: german.stackexchange.com/questions/5640/… –  Eugene Seidel Mar 29 '13 at 18:18

@Peregring, was this answer helpful for you? –  Gottlieb Notschnabel Apr 22 '13 at 18:14

I should to check wiktionary, because I think it is a very incomplete dictionary, and for my purposes it isn't enough. Moreover, I need a database that can be treated mechanically by means of an algorithm, and I've a little experience processing wikis, and wikis isn't exactly well databases. –  Peregring-lk Apr 23 '13 at 8:36
add comment

1 Answer

The German Wiktionary offers all information you require.

Let's for example take the substantive dog. The Wiktionary entry for dog gives us:

• Word name: Hund
  • natural/grammatical genre: m
  • inflections
    • in plural: die Hunde
    • dative plural: den Hunden
    • genitive singular: des Hunds, des Hundes
  • pronunciation: [hʊnt], Plural: [ˈhʊndə] (audio samples available)
  • hyphenation: Hund, Plural: Hun·de

Voilà!

share|improve this answer
add comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.