Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

How would I say "Or, call us at (phone number)" in German, or perhaps "Or, contact us at (phone number)? This is to be placed next to an e-mail contact form. The tone of the site is professional (industrial business) yet welcoming to visitors.

share|improve this question
Oder telefonisch unter ###-###-####. –  Eugene Seidel Apr 29 '13 at 20:27

3 Answers 3

I'd say

1) ... oder rufen Sie uns unter dieser Nr. an: (phone number)

or

2) ... oder rufen Sie uns an unter (phone number)

or

3) ... oder erreichen Sie uns telefonisch unter (phone number)

I googled quickly and found some official websites (public authorities) saying

4) Telefonisch erreichen Sie uns unter (phone number)

Personally, I tend to use option 2), it is professional and friendly.

share|improve this answer
This covers pretty much all used varieties, and I would prefer #3 or #4. –  user1451340 Apr 30 '13 at 5:48
where Nr. = Nummer –  vlad-ardelean Apr 30 '13 at 15:20

Oder oder rufen Sie uns unter Plaza-404 an oder oder kontaktieren Sie uns unter 110 112 123456 –  user unknown May 1 '13 at 1:20

"Oder rufen Sie uns an: XXXXX XXXXXXXXX" –  Christian May 25 '13 at 7:18

I’d write: „Sie können uns auch unter (Telefonnummer) anrufen.“

Starting a sentence with „Oder“ is often considered less good style. Sentry’s option 4 also avoids this, but is more formal.

I like to say

Bitte schreiben Sie uns ein Email oder rufen Sie uns einfach an unter 0176...

I add "einfach" for the effect of "or simply call us at". I like to use the word simply because it gives the impression that you are more welcome if you call us.

Ich gebrauche „Email“ als weiblich. Ich weiß nicht, ob verschiedene Geschlechter gebräuchlich ist, aber zumindest würde ich von der Neutrumsform abraten, da der Leser darüber stolpern könnte. –  Carsten Schultz Aug 26 '13 at 10:00

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.