Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I don't know if here is the best place to ask that, I need a German tutor to help me to communicate in German via chat and sometimes voice. Do you know any sites (free or not) which can provide me that? I've never use englishtown site, but if there are some sites in German of the same style, it would be great.

Thanks in advance

share|improve this question

A place not directly providing tutors, but where you can very probably find a penpal, is babbel.com. A second one is livemocha.com –  c.p. May 27 '13 at 4:52

@c.p. yes, I know these sites, but I'm looking for something different, but thanks for trying to help me. –  user42912 May 27 '13 at 5:39
add comment

closed as off topic by c.p., Baz, Eugene Seidel, Em1, teylyn May 28 '13 at 1:28

Questions on German Language Stack Exchange are expected to relate to German language within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

2 Answers

Livemocha.com offers this kind of service. You can chat with speakers of the desired language at no cost or you can pay for a tutor that works with you over a video chat like Skype.

share|improve this answer

I think there is no German tutor in this site –  user42912 May 27 '13 at 5:53

@user42912: They say there is but to really find out we will have to register. –  Takkat May 27 '13 at 6:20

@Takkat there isn't :( –  user42912 May 27 '13 at 6:41

@Takkat What appears to me is French, English, Spanish and italian –  user42912 May 27 '13 at 6:44

@user42912: Did you register? On the page I linked to above they say "Live German Instruction Private Tutoring Intensive one-on-one instruction with qualified native-speaking German teachers". –  Takkat May 27 '13 at 6:52
show 4 more comments

I have been a member of Livemocha for a while. I tried their tutoring service but didn't like it much. It was also quite expensive.

My best advice would be to look around on various forums, and see if you can find someone to tutor you over Skype for a reasonable cost.

You might also check here: http://www.wyzant.com/german_tutors.aspx

share|improve this answer
add comment

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.