Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I'm learning German and I'm not sure who the accurate German dictionary publishers are...in English there are dictionaries that always have too many errors such as Collins. So, what publisher should I move toward to ensure updated, always accurate definitions? I need this on my Android phone. Any tips? On the other hand, if no such thing is available is there a Windows French dictionary with native pronunciation?

I prefer for-pay dictionaries as I hate ads and I want something updated frequently.

share|improve this question

1 Answer 1

Some of the dictionaries in our list of online dictionaries also provide a similar app for Android. Below are two examples of free apps with audio recordings:

For listening to professional audio recordings on pronunciation there also are the non-free Duden Android apps which come in various editions but they are German only dictionaries.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.