Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

As per the subject. I see duolingo is mostly about translation from German, which is good, but I'd like to practice the other way round. I also speak Spanish if that helps.

share|improve this question

Create a new Duolingo account and select German as your mother tongue... –  Emanuel Sep 25 '13 at 9:13

That was the first thing I did, but they don't give you that option (so far, at least). –  karoshi Sep 25 '13 at 12:11

2 Answers 2

up vote 1 down vote accepted

You could always try using Lang-8. Many people include a copy of the text in their native language in case any part is particularly incomprehensible. So you could always translate a text into German, post it and attach the original English (or Spanish). Also, I'd tell people it's a translation and see if they'd critique it. I don't know it that'll work, but it's worth a shot.

share|improve this answer

Lang-8 looks quite good indeed, thanks for the tip! –  karoshi Oct 14 '13 at 18:10

Wikipedia has a category with similar websites. Sadly, I cannot give any information on their quality.

share|improve this answer

Well, that's a start at least. Thanks! –  karoshi Sep 25 '13 at 20:57

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.