Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Found this table:

http://esl.fis.edu/learners/fis/german/kasus/caseTables.htm

It appears to conflict with what I've learned. In the very top line, for instance, shouldn't it be as follows:

der klein Mann / die kleine Frau / das klein Kind / die kleine Kinder

Is the linked table correct? Just a beginner, but it looks very different from what I've already learned. Thanks.

share|improve this question

closed as unclear what you're asking by Vogel612, Emanuel, c.p., Takkat Nov 11 '13 at 7:51

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

The table renders correctly here, I edited it the way I can see it (which is the proper conjugation btw). You may have issues with the red characters. Please edit your question if you have any further questions. –  Takkat Nov 10 '13 at 8:03
@Takkat, I think you misread the original question. user2555055 was simply mistaken. –  Carsten Schultz Nov 10 '13 at 14:47

As I see it, the linked table and die quoted line in the question are identical. –  Toscho Nov 10 '13 at 18:41

just being curious: who taught you that the conjugation you gave us was better than the one shown in the link? –  Takkat Nov 10 '13 at 19:43

Hundreds of tables world-wide say the same. You are simply wrong. The question remains closed. –  falkb Nov 27 '13 at 7:33

1 Answer 1

Yes, it's right:

der kleine Mann / die kleine Frau / das kleine Kind / die kleinen Kinder

It's always like that:

der große Traktor / die schnelle Eisenbahn / das schöne Auto / die schicken Ferraris

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.