Take the 2-minute tour ×
German Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of German wanting to discuss the finer points of the language and translation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

What is the German name for this tool?

enter image description here

It is used to divide lengths into equal sections. In English it is called an equal spacing divider. It is used in engineering.

share|improve this question

2 Answers 2

It is called a Streckenteiler.

share|improve this answer

The best I found was a german Amazon page:

Diese 12 \"10-Punkte-Teiler auch als ein 11-Punkte-Teiler aus Edelstahl aufgebaut sind.

So they call it 11-Punkte-Teiler, but the product description is written in poor German though I may be wrong.

Btw. If you want a german name to an image, just use the German Google site. Go to Images » Search by image and paste your image URL

share|improve this answer
The product title and description are probably machine translations. The title says "Teiler Abstand 12 In der Rechtssache", which means "divider interval 12 in the legal matter". Obviously this is not what that tool is called. –  what Dec 22 '13 at 12:30

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.