Tag Info

New answers tagged


I'm going to go ahead and throw some controversal opinion into the ring by saying: English and German are pretty much the same. Only that in English you write it as two words. One word or two words - that is pure convention. Both languages are "head right", so the descriptor usually comes before the described. One instance of that are adjectives, ...


No. However, you can use a "Nominalkompositum" (nominal composition) to achieve the same effect. Example: Flachbildfernseher The first part of this compound word is called the Determinans ("Flachbild"), it determines some kind of attribute about the following part, the Determinatum (Fernseher). Notice that "Flachbild" is a compound word in itself, ...

Top 50 recent answers are included