I want to express the wish for a "joyful and fruitful cooperation" to my German colleague in German.

But it is hard for me to trust Google translate on this task. Can anyone kindly show me how to say "happy cooperation" like a native German? Thanks!

"Ich freue mich/Wir freuen uns auf eine gute Zusammenarbeit."
    – Em1
    Apr 7, 2014 at 6:36
    There is also LEO where you can use the forum to discus certain more complex translations.
    – Uwe Keim
    Apr 7, 2014 at 12:01

1 Answer 1

You can say:

Ich freue mich auf eine gute und erfolgreiche Zusammenarbeit

or just

Auf gute und erfolgreiche Zusammenarbeit

You could translate cooperation also with Kooperation or Teamwork

Auf eine gute und erfolgreiche Kooperation
(Auf ein gutes und erfolgreiches Teamwork) - its not a good solution

• I would not say Auf ein gutes und erfolgreiches Teamwork. Das Teamwork which would be the article in this case still sounds like a bad mixture of English and German to me and so does the sentence. However it would be grammatically correct.
    – Rob
    Apr 7, 2014 at 14:47
  • yeah it sounds a bit weird and not really correct, but as you said its grammatically correct. I will take it in braces.
    – Fraggles
    Apr 7, 2014 at 14:59
  • "Teamwork" is actually indefinite, so you should correctly say "Auf gutes und erfolgreiches Teamwork". However, "Teamwork" is a bit inappropriate, as it's an english word and not very formal (if that's relevant to you two) in a german sentence.
    – Sam
    Apr 7, 2014 at 18:59

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.