I hope I got that right : rucki zucki.

I have a CD where a man said :

Das ging rucki zucki.

Later he tells how crazy is at his new job.

What exactly does it mean?

Quick google search just gave this song. Other links are mostly useless.


rucki zucki


ruck zuck

is another way of saying sehr schnell. Here is a reference.

In English you could say

in a jiffy


in no time (at all)

Source: dict.cc

There even used to be a German TV game show called Ruck Zuck where (at least one part) was about answering quickly.

  • Most google results were somehow related to Austria. Your link tells that this is a slang. Is this some kind of austrian slang word? Apr 11 '14 at 8:39
  • 1
    @BЈовић I've heard it in Germany as well, but it's kind of an old fashioned expression. You won't hear many young people (if any) use it anymore.
    – Baz
    Apr 11 '14 at 8:48
  • You are right. My german colleague confirmed. And I just found this. Obviously I was searching for wrong thing. He said that zak zak is synonym. Apr 11 '14 at 10:37
  • @BЈовић He probably meant zack zack, but yeah, you can use that as well.
    – Baz
    Apr 11 '14 at 10:39
  • I think "zack zack" is more from Northern Germany.
    – celtschk
    Apr 13 '14 at 18:28

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.