Can somebody try to explain in short, when it is appropriate to use bezüglich and when it is not?

Regarding your question... Did you try to answer the question yourself before asking? – Em1 Apr 13 '14 at 17:23
  • Do you have any examples on how you think you would use it or not? – PMF Apr 13 '14 at 17:51
  • Why "in short" - either you are interested in an answer and getting smarter or not.. – user3135691 Apr 13 '14 at 17:59
  • In short, because I though that it could be more complex matter. Yes, I have tried to answer the question. Example of use: Can I talk with you about your mother? I want to join the cause, if it is about a fair cause. Is this question of money or is it about something else? – Dejan Toteff Apr 13 '14 at 20:40
    @TomAu i think the edit you performed is not a good edit. I don't see any reason for editing the question to talk about an abbreviation. The 'in short' previously i that question has nothing to do with the length of the word, but is a request to keep anwers short and understandable. For these reasons I rolled back. If you disagree, I suggest you chime in on German Language Chat and Ping me. I'll be lurking around there the whole day tomorrow... – Vogel612 Apr 16 '14 at 21:11

"bezüglich" is normally not used in colloquial language. It is cumbersome written language, meaning concerning. It is often used when it is a bit difficult to find an appropriate preposition. A variant for "bezüglich" is "in Bezug auf". In English concerning.

| improve this answer | |

As you like it short:

Using bezüglich is appropriate, if you want to explicitely refer to something.

| improve this answer | |

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.