Does anybody know how to translate "dense plasma focus"?

I would like to start the German Wikipedia article, but I don't know how this is called in German.

A dense plasma focus (DPF) is a machine that produces, by electromagnetic acceleration and compression, a short-lived plasma that is hot and dense enough to cause nuclear fusion and the emission of X-rays and neutrons.

Source: english wikipedia

  • 4
    Apparently there is no particular term in German for this device. You might want to simply use Dense Plasma Focus as this term is used also in German when referring to it, e. g. in this list of Kernfusionsreaktoren. – user5513 Jun 29 '14 at 5:55

Here is a translation from "Langenscheidt Routledge German dictionary of physics":

The translation given there is:

Einrichtung mit dichtem Plasmafokus (PI)

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.