I want to translate the phrase

Finder will be rewarded.

to German. Somehow there is no dictionary on the net which contained the phrase. I am looking for a metaphorical equivalent.

It's better to pick the most important words (finder, reward) and you'll find the answer by using Google and/or dictionaries: Pons, dict.cc – Em1 Sep 29 '14 at 16:03
  • Would "a finder's reward" be possible in English? – user6191 Oct 1 '14 at 8:18

You could just remark Finderlohn!

If you know, what you want to pay, you could combine it with the sum you want to pay.

Examples:

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

• Such a sweet lil' donkey ^^. The "zu vergeben" from the last poster sounds unusual. – user6191 Oct 1 '14 at 8:19
  • @Grantwalzer Thats kind of a eye-catcher. It is unusual, so you look for it. They have lost nothing, the look for a new flat. Normally you would offer a Provision - but that sounds too business-like. – knut Oct 1 '14 at 8:25
  • @knut, what you probably mean is commission, oh I see what you are doing, you refer to the german word Provision – stryba Oct 1 '14 at 11:41

In German you use a noun for this: Finderlohn.

Im ganzen Satz:

Dem Finder winkt eine Belohnung.

Some languages have words where other languages need whole sentences for.

In Germany we say "Finderlohn" which means "Reward for the finder".

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.