A while ago, I have received recommendations here for non-news podcast in colloquial German. I am also looking for language-themed podcasts, focusing on vocabulary, grammar, and style for the German-speaking public (i.e., not for DaF learners).

Background: The success of books like Eats, Shoots and Leaves marks a resurgence of interests among English speakers in linguistics, language, and style. There are quite a few English podcasts on these subjects. The most well-known probably are Grammar Girl, Lexicon Valley, and A Way with Words. I know that Zwiebelfisch has enjoyed great popularity and came out with Der Dative ist dem Genitive sein Tod. I was wondering if there are any language-themed podcasts along the same lines.

• As someone who regularly listens to the entertaining Lexicon Valley and the excruciatingly boring The History of English, I second this question.
    – Carsten S
    Dec 28, 2014 at 12:57
  • See also german.stackexchange.com/questions/40422/…, which despite being asked later seems to have more answers.
    – xji
    Mar 16, 2018 at 11:19
  • @Close voters: the mentioned duplicate is younger than this question. I think, the younger question should be closed as duplicate and not the older original.
    – IQV
    Mar 19, 2018 at 8:06

3 Answers 3

One podcast I listen to is "Neusprechfunk". Its topics are similar to the neusprech.org blog: how language is used in politics to disguise and mislead ("Neusprech" is the German translation of "newspeak" as it was coined by Orwell).

Various short podcasts (currently 127 episodes, about 3–4 minutes each) on selected topics related to the German language can be found on the website of duden.de.

Longer podcasts or videocasts can be found at belleslettres.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.