I started to learn German a few months ago, and right now I'm getting into the Present Perfect tense (Perfekt), so a question came out to me:

How can I make questions in the perfect tense? For example, I've the sentence:

Ich habe einen Apfel gegessen.

How can I transform that sentence into a question?

Maybe

Habe ich einen Apfel gegessen?

Absolutely. There are two related questions (on verb positions in general) here (First answer, side note) and here. The participle (usually "ge-") goes last, like in the main sentence. – Stephie Mar 29 '15 at 5:07
    Danke schön, Stephie! – Francisco Álvarez Mar 29 '15 at 5:31
    A collection of possible question: "Was habe ich gegessen?" – "Wer hat einen Apfel gegessen?" – "Habe ich einen Apfel gegessen?" – "Wer hat was gegessen?" – "Was habe ich getan?" – Em1 Mar 30 '15 at 12:37
  • You're right that the german perfekt would be "Habe ich einen Apfel gegessen?". You could also say "Aß ich einen Apfel?" wich would be the german præteritum (imperfekt) and wich is almost synomymous in modern german. – rhavin May 15 '15 at 21:23

Hast du einen Apfel gegessen?

You can always build questions starting with haben or sein based on the verb which you are using.

For sein:

Ist das Flugzeug nach Berlin schon geflogen?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.