Is there a complete list of German n-declensed nouns in any book or on the web? I found some lists, but they do not seem to be comprehensive enough.

• I don’t think anybody would ever create a really comprehensive list … there’s a lot of work to it … – Jan May 24 '15 at 22:05
    @Jan Thanks for the answer and editing, so I think you imply that one has to learn by using the language. – Vesnog May 24 '15 at 22:19
  • The machine-readable dictionary I compiled for the project that led to my thesis lists 246 such entries, from Abkomme to Zoologe. Would that be of use to you? – Kilian Foth May 25 '15 at 6:49
  • @KilianFoth It may be of use, and apart from n-declension there is the thing that some nouns get '-n' as a suffix when their case is dative. – Vesnog May 25 '15 at 13:46

im Buch, das ich benutze, gibt es die folgende Seite, für mich ist sie gut:

enter image description here

• Danke schön, aber leider kann ich das Wort "der Gast" nicht gesehen. Ich denke, dass es n-dekliniert ist. – Vesnog May 24 '15 at 22:18
    @Vesnog den Gast, dem Gast, des Gastes – Carsten S May 24 '15 at 23:08
  • @CarstenSchultz Maybe I misused the terminology, but it changes in dative form as my instructor said. You can check this link: tripadvisor.com/… – Vesnog May 25 '15 at 13:43
    @Vesnog ..., die Gäste, die Gäste, den Gästen, der Gäste de.wiktionary.org/wiki/Gast – Carsten S May 25 '15 at 13:47
  • @CarstenSchultz Is there any dictionary which shows that kind of declination in akkusative or dativ cases? – Vesnog May 25 '15 at 16:52

You can use this website for looking up specific words: LEO

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.