Someone greeted me with "Alle ums Kill" as a farewell. What does that mean? Hint, it seems to have something to do with archery because it was used in this context.

I assume (assume very hard ;P) that it's something like "Waidmanns Heil" or "Petri Heil".

A "normal" greeting among archers might be "Alle ins Gold" ("I wish you success so that all your arrows may hit into the golden centre of the target"). A variant of archery uses 3D animal shapes instead of the usual disk-shaped target with concentric rings. In this variant, there is no "gold" but a "kill" (apparently from the english word). That would make the greeting "Alle ins kill". I suppose you either misheard that, or "Alle ums kill" is an ironic variant.

• Thank you :) That also might explain why I didn't find anything googling for "Alle ums Kill" – OddDev May 28 '15 at 17:15

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.