What are the german verbs that are used with Kommentar? I mean how do you say: drop a comment, leave a comment? Which verbs are Kommentar restricted to?

First of all, there is of course the verb kommentieren (to comment) itself. But if I understand you correctly you are out for verbs that you can use together with the noun Kommentar. It is difficult, if not impossible, to give a complete list, but here are some of the most common (IMHO):

• einen Kommentar lesen, schreiben, abgeben, verfassen, hinterlassen
  • etwas mit einem Kommentar versehen
  • zu etwas einen Kommentar geben
  • in einem Kommentar nachschlagen (note that Kommentar can also denote a book with explanations about some other book, like ein Kommentar zur Bibel oder zum Grundgesetz)

We are not a dictionary service here, so I leave it to you to learn about the different meanings of these verbs in conjunction with Kommentar. Feel free to come back if you have specific questions about any of them (post new questions then).

| improve this answer | |
  • what about "einen Kommentar machen" ? – Dragut Oct 4 '15 at 6:45
    @Bergmann: I don't think anyone would say that. – chirlu Oct 4 '15 at 9:00
  • Wortschatz Leipzig adds only the somewhat debatable posten, abdrucken und anfügen. – guidot Oct 4 '15 at 11:14
  • so does it require for using "für","an" or "zu", i hope my following sentence is correct! "Leider kann ich für dieses Thema keinen Kommentar abgeben,weil es nicht an mich geht." – Dragut Oct 4 '15 at 18:37
    @Bergmann "machen" would probably be understood, but it sounds as you didn't know the right verb. - It is "zu etwas einen Kommentar abgeben", so your sentence should read "Leider kann ich zu diesem Thema keinen Kommentar abgeben, weil es mich nichts angeht." – Matthias Oct 4 '15 at 21:31

Das Verb ist:

kommentieren

Viele Verben werden auf diese Weise (durch Anhängen der Endsilbe -ieren) gebildet. Diese Silbe drück aus, dass man das, was im Wortstamm steht, erzeugt, oder sonstwie verwendet:

• Tapete
    tapezieren = Tapeten an eine Wand kleben

• Musik
    musizieren = Musik machen

• Lack
    lackieren = Lack auftragen

• Kommentar
    kommentieren
    = einen Kommentar abgeben

Es muss aber ergänzt werden, dass dieses Schema sich nicht auf auf alle Nomen anwenden lässt.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.