Please identify exactly what is the difference between these words in the German language.

As I know, these words get used when we have some consequences after the first sentence. I read some about them but I can not discern them from each other.

Please tell me the meaning of the related sentence below in English also:

Jennifer hat kurz vor dem Essen vom Tod ihres Onkels erfahren. (Deshalb/Darum/Deswegen/Aus diesem Grund/Daher) hat sie das Essen abgesagt.

closed as too broad by chirlu, Em1, user unknown, Jan, boaten Nov 5 '15 at 14:55

Please edit the question to limit it to a specific problem with enough detail to identify an adequate answer. Avoid asking multiple distinct questions at once. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

There is no difference if you don't have an interrogative adverb ("Fragewort").

The interrogative adverbs for each are:

• Weshalb? / Deshalb!

Weshalb hat Jennifer das Essen abgesagt?
    Jennifer hat kurz vor dem Essen vom Tod ihres Onkels erfahren. Deshalb hat sie das Essen abgesagt.

• Warum? / Darum!

Warum hat Jennifer das Essen abgesagt?
    Jennifer hat kurz vor dem Essen vom Tod ihres Onkels erfahren. Darum hat sie das Essen abgesagt.

• Weswegen? /Deswegen!

Weswegen hat Jennifer das Essen abgesagt?
    Jennifer hat kurz vor dem Essen vom Tod ihres Onkels erfahren. Deswegen hat sie das Essen abgesagt.

Here you have to change it up a bit to make it fit.

• Woher?/ Daher!

Woher kommt die Enscheidung Jennifers das Essen abzusagen?
    Jennifer hat kurz vor dem Essen vom Tod ihres Onkels erfahren. Daher kommt die Entscheidung das Essen abzusagen.

The translation of the Sentence is:

Jennifer was told of her uncel's death shortly before the meal. So she canceled the meal.

• this -> Jennifer hat kurz vor dem Essen vom Tod ihres Onkels erfahren. (Deshalb/Darum/Deswegen/Aus diesem Grund/Daher) hat sie das Essen abgesagt. please add to your answer because I mentioned it in my question – Mehdi Nov 5 '15 at 11:31
    Auf eine Weshalbfrage kann/darf/soll man also nicht mit Daher oder Darum antworten? – user unknown Nov 5 '15 at 12:12

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.