The following words all mean business in English, but what is the difference between Geschäft, Unternehmen, Betrieb and Firma?

Sorry I am new to the site and not quite sure how to use this. How come my question is different than: german.stackexchange.com/questions/25988/… or german.stackexchange.com/questions/26011/… – Bicycle 808 Nov 16 '15 at 9:03
    Geschäft is a store, Unternehmen is a business, Betrieb too but may be part of a bigger Unternehmen. Firma is originally latin and describes only the name of a business, but is used by the majority when they actually mean Unternehmen. – Rudi Nov 16 '15 at 10:35
  • Actually, Geschäft can also be used for business, as in ... gehört zu unserem täglichen Geschäft (... is part of our daily business). Store could also be called Laden. – Thorsten Dittmar Nov 17 '15 at 13:51
    Why was this closed? Most dictionaries just use "business" as the definition and don't explain the subtle differences. I'm not sure this question deserves such a cursory answer. – hohner Jan 20 '16 at 16:27
  • I am confused as well, but it is alright. I found out Reddit r/german sub group is more friendly. I am asking question there now instead. Thank you for your help. – Bicycle 808 Jan 25 '16 at 3:02