Once upon a time in Germany. On a cigarette machine in a super market (Rewe), I read the following text:

wäre gekommen.

It clearly had umlaut dots. I stand there and read loudly “wäre gekommen” and another customer confirmed “ja, wäre gekommen”. It was not a poster, but a customer-direction text, written big and bold in a font that everybody could read from ca. five meters distance.

My understanding of it is:

Wenn du bezahlt hättest, wäre es gekommen.

Could you please explain that information?

closed as unclear what you're asking by user unknown, Medi1Saif, boaten, Jan, Hubert Schölnast Dec 27 '15 at 21:01

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

• As a native speaker, I wonder about the small w of "wäre". For me it implies that the beginning of the sentence is missing. – Iris Dec 26 '15 at 12:26
    I bet it (originally) read "Ware kommt" (English: product is arriving). Is it possible that someone jokingly modified the text with a marker pen or the like? – Deve Dec 26 '15 at 14:08
    Unklar, was die Frage ist. Vielleicht könnte ein Foto mehr verraten, aber so läd es nur zu wüsten Spekulationen ein. – user unknown Dec 26 '15 at 16:48
    I think Deve is up to something. But given that this happened "once upon a time", my bet is that a misunderstood "Ware kommt" eventually morphed into "wäre gekommen" in the OP's mind. – Hans Adler Dec 27 '15 at 6:34