Once upon a time in Germany. On a cigarette machine in a super market (Rewe), I read the following text:

wäre gekommen.

It clearly had umlaut dots. I stand there and read loudly “wäre gekommen” and another customer confirmed “ja, wäre gekommen”. It was not a poster, but a customer-direction text, written big and bold in a font that everybody could read from ca. five meters distance.

My understanding of it is:

Wenn du bezahlt hättest, wäre es gekommen.

Could you please explain that information?

• As a native speaker, I wonder about the small w of "wäre". For me it implies that the beginning of the sentence is missing. – Iris Dec 26 '15 at 12:26
    I bet it (originally) read "Ware kommt" (English: product is arriving). Is it possible that someone jokingly modified the text with a marker pen or the like? – Deve Dec 26 '15 at 14:08
    Unklar, was die Frage ist. Vielleicht könnte ein Foto mehr verraten, aber so läd es nur zu wüsten Spekulationen ein. – user unknown Dec 26 '15 at 16:48
    I think Deve is up to something. But given that this happened "once upon a time", my bet is that a misunderstood "Ware kommt" eventually morphed into "wäre gekommen" in the OP's mind. – user2183 Dec 27 '15 at 6:34